Monday, April 25, 2011

HAPPY EASTER/ Biology...Oh how I loathe you.

Well hello there! Happy Easter! Christ has Risen! 


There are some things you just absolutely ADORE, some things you are IFFY on, and some things you LOATHE.
Biology fits in the last category for me.
I hate it.
I don't mind the whole figuring out how cells make more cells and how we make energy, but I seriously could live without knowing it. When I'm 25, I highly doubt I'll even know what the heck a mitochondria is, or even to remember how the heck you spell it.
Right now I'm "learning" evolution. Since I could grasp the concept, I know what it is. How over time things change and evolve due to changes around the species (and how their adaptations alter the functions of parts), but its not talking about a matter of a couple thousand years, its talking about million of years. I see how the researchers (in a science and secular viewpoint) would arrive to that conclusion. But seeing that I don't believe in that, I feel like its a waste of time knowing this because I won't apply most of the terms I'm learning for my benefit except for adaptation and some others. But thats just my little soap box (:
Overall, I feel like biology is a waste of time, I wish you can just skip it like you can do in earth science if you don't really like learning about rocks. (THATS GNEISS<--thanks to Mr. Sheehan, the ONLY teacher who would make rocks a fun subject)


I SHOULD be writing a conclusion on Darwin's findings about birds. Blah. I'm sorry, but I do not like birds. They fall in the loathe category as well. Birds to me are either: 1. FREAKY. 2. CUTE or 3. MEAN.
Freaky by the means of a bird swooping towards you 
Cute by the colors and how chubby those feathery things are
& Mean by the way they like to POOP on you.. NOT THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD.
So I'm just venting my feelings towards biology and can't wait for chemistry next year, where I use math. I'll admit it, I'm a math geek. BOY DO I LOVE NUMBERS. (thats a turn on for boys...) I'm just not so keen on the whole science ordeal, especially from 8th grade on....


All and All,
I LOATHE BIOLOGY. (and my biology teacher...don't get me started on her....)


peace.
~casey


ps. i picked the color purple because i also do not like it. Lame, I know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment