Thursday, April 7, 2011

Friendships.

Friendships. or Freakships in the ones of mine,
they are foundation of having someone to talk to and spill out what you are feeling without your parents. Friends can be brother, sister, cousins, people you meet in school, people you meet everywhere, you get my drift.
The hardest thing about friendships is that you have to keep it going. You can't just drop the person off the face of your world just because of some things.
But if you feel like your world is crashing, and all your friends seem distant, not really friends anymore, then I have news for you!
I know its a cliché, but I'm with you no matter what you're facing. And if its self-harm, (from cutting to eating disorders to drug abuse) or anything else, I'll be your friend. Nothing else to it.
Proverbs 12:26, "The godly give good advice to their friends; the wicked lead them astray" (NLT)
This basically says that hang out with good godly friends,  don't let friends pressure you into bad things, especially if they are "cool" or "everyone is doing it" Pftt. SOMEONE isn't doing it, so that isn't even plausible.


This came up into my mind today because about less than a year ago, one of my other best friends stopped talking to me and my other best friend. Nothing. I didn't even know she was alive unless she posted on facebook (which is quite sad when I have her cell phone number!) She tried to talk to me and my best friend, but it was just awkward. Then she went to another school, so we never saw her. But the real thing is that she got mad at me and my friend wanting to hang out with her! She wanted to hang out with HER family, ALL the time. I'm not saying that hanging out with your family is necessarily a bad thing, but we had to schedule a time, then she blew us off. Just recently she talked to us and wants to hang out. Funny how things completely do a 180...and I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty mixed feelings about this, cause I do consider her as a friend, but ever since those times we didn't talk, however, we do get to catch up on the year! (:
but ANYWHO,
Geez, I get off topic super easily.


So friendship.
Its like being on a ship, and you have to stick together through those storms and major winds that may come your way, and one friend that will always be there is God. You can talk to him like you're talking to your best friend, even if its about something giddy and not that important. He WANTS to hear you. He WANTS to answers your problems and questions, just like he answers my prayers.
One prayer I will never forget was when I was 6. I had my first wart, I WAS FREAKING OUT, (no big deal) and I wanted that dang thing off of me! My mom told me to pray to God to get rid of that wart, so I did, and miraculously, the next day, IT WAS GONE! <-- Its amazing how God answers prayers.
And if you say, "but I've prayed and never got an answer", God answers in 3 ways: Yes. No. Wait.


So if there are problems with friends, or just yourself, God can give you strength to work these out, and if you don't see your answer as immediate as my wart, just wait, He will never ignore you.


loves,
casey

No comments:

Post a Comment